This is my arsenal of web resources for online entrepreneurs (especially bloggers)
Every entrepreneur, writer, communicator, and platform-builder needs great resources. Here are some that I use and recommend. Hopefully, they’ll help you as much as they’ve helped me.
While there are a thousand and one domain name registrars in Nigeria and abroad, i only recommend just two that i know and have used for myself and my clients without any headache.
• Godaddy: Godaddy is indeed the largest and the most used name registrar in the world. When you think of domain name think GoDaddy. I have been a happy customer since i started blogging for over a year now. With just $12 (#2400) you can get an awesome domain name like maverickexcel.com
• Namecheap: Just as the name suggests, they sell their domain names super duper cheap. For as low as $0.88 ( less than #300) you can get a domain name there within a minute.
• Web4Africa: They are simply reliable. They charge in Naira unlike Godaddy and Namecheap
Tip: Before buying any domain name search for the coupon code for that month. Example: if you want to buy a domain name in the month of May, google, “Namecheap May coupon code”. Coupon codes help you buy something at a cheaper price.
When i started blogging newly i made the mistake of hosting my blog on a Nigerian web hosting company. I tell you the experience was not funny. I regretted every penny i spent on them. Hey!, I’m not trying to be a bad Nigerian here. What I’m saying is that i don’t and can’t condone poor service. Period!
If you can put up with daily downtime from Nigerian web host, then run to google and search them out.
If you’re ready for real online business, then, I’ll recommend:
Namecheap web Host: For as low as $8 (after you might have applied a coupon code for that month) you can host your blog for a whole year ( 365 days)! Isn’t that cool? Sure it is. Many people will say different things concerning the best web host to use but as an online entrepreneur who is just testing the online world, go for the cheapest web host plan from Namecheap.
Tip: Always use the coupon code for that month!
• WordPress: This is the free blogging software that I use and recommend. It’s the best. Did I mention it was free? It is free.
Forget about every hype you’ve heard about blogger blogs. Real online entrepreneurs use WordPress.
• MyThemeShop (MTS): This is where i got my first and only premium theme. They are one of the best when it comes to mobile responsive themes.
• Mailchimp: Super easy to use and free for the first 2000 subscribers. Ideal for starters and those with low budgets.
• SumoMe: Easy to use tools for growing your email list (pop ups, scroll boxes, header bars) on WordPress (via a plugin) or any website (with a snippet of code). Works with Mailchimp, Aweber and other providers.
Social Media Marketing Tools
• Hootsuite – the social media management system I am using to pre-schedule and publish my social media posts on autopilot.
• Buffer – an additional social media marketing and management tool that I’m using and highly recommend.
• Crowdfire – an amazing free app that lets you track your social media engagement, followers and etc via Twitter and Instagram.
• Social Media Image Size Cheat Sheet – With so many social media platforms to manage these days, it can be hard to keep track of the image requirements of each of them. Luckily, there’s this handy guide to help you stay on top of the game!
Customized and Branded Images
• Canva – Absolutely, hands down one of my favorite FREE graphic design resources on the web. Canva is a tool that you can use to design everything from your social media covers + blog graphics to covers for an eBook. The interface is easy to use even for a beginner with no design experience.
Paypal: Basically an online bank account that makes it easy for you to receive and make payments. Though you cannot receive payment via paypal account in Nigeria but i use my paypal account linked to my Naira MasterCard Debit Card to make all online payment.
Visit your respective bank and request to link your bank account with paypal.
Ok, that’s all for now. If you have any question concerning any of these resources just email me via maverickexcel@gmail (.) com
or contact directly below ↓↓
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’message’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]